Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Man, are we HOLY!

Hey everyone,
Graf Quads here. We thought we'd give mom and dad a break from posting since they've been SO busy lately. Plus, they've been bustin' out posts left and right for the last couple of weeks.

My name is Danna Lynn Graf, and I'm running this show. You can call me Princess. We had our "official" baptism in the Church this past Sunday, and boy was it exhausting! We all behaved pretty well.....except maybe Forrest throughout the ceremony. I let my voice be heard at picture time because they kept trying to shoot from my bad side. Anyway, we had 3 different priests there and 2 seminarians to help. Seminarian cousin Daniel Duling and his friend, Isaac, assisted the priests with readings and prayer intentions. Needless to say, they anointed the Hell out of us. Pardon the french. Father Gillsenen was in charge of me. My Godmother, Aunt Lainie, took good care of me during the ordeal, except that she had a really hard time fixing my hair pretties. Great Uncle Jim stood in for my Godfather, AJ, because he had to drive a racecar in Wakeeney, KS that evening. Now I don't know a whole lot about that yet, but Daddy says all he does is drive real fast and turn left around a circle. Daddy says he's going to take us to the racetrack soon so we can watch AJ and JD race and see all our 81 Speedway friends. I'm a little concerned about the amount of dirt there, but I suppose a Princess can get her hands dirty every once in a while. Okay, my little fingers are tired of typing. I'm turning this post over to my little brother, Laine.

Hello all my faithful followers. Laine Ryan Graf here to give my 2 cents on the eventful day. Father Brungardt anointed me on Sunday. I feel special to have had him because he was the one who unified my Mother and Father in the holy sacrament of marriage. Who would've thought that fateful day 8 years ago on June 24th would lead to all this! I was very respectful throughout the ceremony because I save all my naughtiness for home. I know I have to be a good boy at Church. I even said a special prayer for my Godfather, JD, who was also racing in Wakeeney with AJ. My Godmother, Aunt Mollie, and mom and dad's good friend, Sergio, made sure I was well taken care of and content. I really love them. That sums up my take of the day. I'm handing the wheel over to Forrest now. I'm happy to report that HE was the turd of the ceremony, instead of me.

Whatever, Laine. I could eat you in 4 bites. This is Forrest Michael Graf, and I was NOT as bad as everyone says. Mommy says I'm just her hungry little angel, but daddy thinks I eat too much as it is....especially for my shorter stature. I tell them I'm just trying to follow in Grampa Stubby and Uncle Ryno's footsteps. Enough talk about food. It's making me kinda hungry. Father Pat York anointed me. He is mommy and daddy's good friend. Boy did he lube up my head! Mommy says I still smell like a priest. Aunt RayRay and Frank the Tank are my godparents and they were both there to hold me and bounce me and try to appease me. I think my bottle's ready now, gotta run. Here's my big brother Pius to finish it off.

Jeez, Forrest. Take it easy. I know you're trying to catch me in weight, but it's also important to keep PROPORTION in mind. Fathead. Father Pat took me under his wing that day, too. I really paid attention to every word he said. I had my fussy time prior to the ceremony, but after a little cat nap, I was good to go. Great Aunt Renee really has a way with me. She didn't even have to give me "the look". She did give my Godfather, Uncle Ryan, the look when he mosied in 5 minutes late. Father Pat also took care of his tardiness by flicking his ear. Mommy understood because she's always late. Daddy almost came unglued, though, because he's never late. His ears were more red than Uncle Ryno's after Father got done with them. Because my Godmother, Auntie Em, is stationed in Germany, Aunt Renee (my Thursday night buddy) stood in for her. As the oldest Graf Quad, I must say that everything went pretty smoothly. The priests said they were even surprised at how well it went. We want to send out a special thanks to all who attended this blessed event, including: Uncle Jim Graf, Aunt Ginny Penney, Uncle Phil and Aunt Cathy Brady (our proxy-godparents when we were emergently baptized in Phoenix), Nick and Paula Duling, Nicholas and Jennifer Duling with cousin Jack, Sarah and Jake Duling, Uncle Travis with cousins Taten, Madison and Mia Mule', and of course GG Bucko. We also want to thank Grampa Stubby and Gramma Vicki for hosting the after-party, Budda and Papa for helping with drinks, and Aunt Paula for getting us a cake. Mom and dad bought pizza from Gambino's in Colwich for everyone. They say it's the best pizza ever. I wouldn't know. All I know is that Maria from Gambino's really gave them a good deal on all that food. All this typing is too much exercise for my chubby fingers. I don't want Forrest to steal my heavyweight title. We hope you enjoy the picture montage and music!



Love,
Pius, Forrest, Danna, and Laine (and mom and dad)

18 comments:

Jac Tubre said...

Jackpot! First to post!

Amy said...

Sweet!!

Jac Tubre said...

ok, so I can't watch the video at work, but I will be back home at 5 this evening to tune it...can't wait.

More comment to come then...

Jac

Jac Tubre said...

to tune in...ok, I'm done for now I promise

Anonymous said...

Sweaty in Fl. said........

Another great post from the newbies.

It has come to me recently that all of this makes the ultimate scrap book. Keep up the good work.

See you all in a few weeks.

Anonymous said...

Loved the post!!!! ... and may the dear Lord bless you, and his blessed mother, too. May your patron saints (litany of the saints) keep watch over you! Aunt GGr and Sammy Joe

EMO said...

Yippee, I was wondering how the baptism went. It sounds like all in all it went pretty darn good! The pictures were great. We cannot wait until the big party on Saturday! See you then!

Erin

Andria said...

okay kiddos...let's not start you all on this addiction of blogging. You're too young for carpal tunnel! LOL. Such talents you all have already!

Congrats on your baptism. Everyone looked well behaved and beautifully/handsomely dressed.

May God Bless you always!

Anonymous said...

Oh, such a beautiful family you have! It looks like you had a very busy weekend... And well worth it, I'm sure. Congrats on making it through the Baptism (x4)!
Shelia

Anonymous said...

OK...that made me cry....enough already! It has been fun meeting the three out of four....looking forward to meeting Pius this weekend.
Love,
Susan

Anonymous said...

Billy and Monica, first time for me to post. Love your blog and you guys have done an awesome job with the kids. They are beautiful! Look forward to seeing you down here for the Bama game. Dano (Jac's dad)

Misty said...

THat was so beautiful! I love how well the babies are at writing. I have so enjoyed reading your blog. I have followed it since you were in Phx. (I was a Dr. E patient too)
Misty

Ashley Wasser said...

Looks like everything went well and Serg was there! How cool!

Anonymous said...

Dang good job with the post babies. Love the video too. See you all in about a month and a half. Can't wait. You might be the first stop or at least in the top three. We usually go see mom and dad first.

Love from the orange in TX.
UT, AJ, Jo, and Lo

Anonymous said...

Hey guys you forgot about Cousin Katie and Mohr being at Baptism, but I guess that's okay since Uncle Ryno said it was Mohr's fault he was late. It was beautiful and the babies were so well behaved. Love you all, Grandma Vicki

Squiggle Wiggle & Maggers Moo said...

I loved the article in the Advance. I was so excited to see my favorite quads in the Wichita area in there!!! Moni, you and Billy looked great. I can't imagine having four adorable munchkins to take care of--all the same age!!!! God bless.

The College Hill Girls (Sarah)

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. I am sorry to say I don't get on as much as I would like but am always amazed when I do drop in. Take Care & God Speed Aunt Marlene

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. I am sorry to say I don't get on as much as I would like but am always amazed when I do drop in. Take Care & God Speed Aunt Marlene