Pius (future MD), Danna, Forrest and Laine - you can see their future career choices. Laine is already acting the part. I guess Forrest is too. Look at that milk belly!
We've been slowly bustin' out of our quarantined bubble a little at a time and loving every minute of it. We have places to go and people to see, even if it is just a stroller ride around the neighborhood. We really need to pull a Tubre and get "the Beast", AKA the quad Runabout stroller so I can take them out when I'm home alone with them. Those bad boys run about $1200, so maybe when we get our tax return $. Back on the subject of getting out and about, we may even try to make it to the Riverfest this week for lunch. Billy's been craving a Bodacious Burrito for about a year now (since last year's Wichita RiverFest) and I could do for a roasted corn on the cob. Maybe we'll get the babies a fried pickle or a funnel cake....or a bottle.
Getting ready for a romp around the block. It was windy and sunny that day!
Pius enjoying some fresh air
I could almost hear Danna saying, "Pius, get your fat face out of the way...This is MY frame!"
We were tired of drenched outfits, hence the Friends Falcons bib (thanks, Crissy!)
Danna has started this new thing where she foams and bubbles at the mouth when she's not getting enough attention. We've started calling her the "rabid banana". I try to reason with her and tell her that it's not lady-like to do this, but to no avail. The foaming continues. Our little peanut is keeping up with the boys. She usually takes her own sweet time and will follow suit about a week after the boys start something new. That's just the diva in her. She's really starting to fill out now and can wear 0-3 month clothes without too much extra baggage.
Danna in the great outdoors
33% Pius, 100% Danna and 50% Laine
Danna looks a little apprehensive about her Twin Tower sandwich
Our dear, sweet Laine has had a rough go the last couple of weeks. He's fallen from grace in a major way...as in 4th place. He must've gotten tired of hearing how he was the best baby ever and yet, always last to be picked up. He's become more vocal about his needs and the whole house suffers now through his tirades. On a more positive note, he is the best on his tummy and he also has the most hair of all the babies. It's dark brown and will stick straight up with a little help from the baby lotion. His hair color and temper confirms who his daddy is, but we're still unsure about who his mom is. I'd like to make a visit to the Maury Povich show for one of those DNA tests.
Laine in one of the aforementioned tirades.
Seriously, like 2 seconds later. What a turd!
Forrest and Laine just kickin it and poppin their collars
Now for some tidbits about us that you may or may not find interesting....
1. Our 4 babies are in 3 different sizes of diapers. Pius and Forrest wear size 3, Laine size 2 and Danna bringing up the rear in size 1. We can always tell when Grampa Stubby decides to change their diapers, because in the morning, we'll find Danna in a 3 (up to her neck) and the Twin Towers bustin' outta the 1's. It's not a pretty picture. Think 1970's basketball players.
2. Forrest and Danna's umbilical hernias decided to retreat. Their belly buttons now look normal and won't jump out and poke you in the eye.
3. Pius and Forrest both have flat spots on the right sides of their heads. They look kinda like lumpy potato heads. We're working on keeping them looking left and I even got Noggin Nests for them to help with reshaping. If our endeavors are unsuccessful, they may win themselves shiny new helmets and a lifetime of jokes at their expense.
"Read the tag, buddy. Trust me....I'm a doctor!"
Surely Forrest's future is brighter than this!?
5. They are starting to learn their names. They think it's funny when we interject their names into the songs we sing to them. Speaking about music, the babies LOVE Johnny Cash. Whenever fussy time rolls around and nothing else seems to calm them, cranking up the Man in Black always does the trick.
6. All the boys take 6 oz with each feed. Danna eats about 4 1/2 oz. They're still getting bottles made with 1/2 formula and 1/2 breastmilk. Yes, I'm still pumping and getting tired of it. I hope to make it another couple of months before hanging up the shields.
7. Did I mention that our babies are rockstars?
Well, that's about all for now. Again, we're sorry it took so long to post. Please keep the comments coming. We'll be as ambitious with our updates as our bloggers are with their comments ;>
Whew! And, I'm spent.
Billy, Moni, Pius, Forrest, Danna and Laine
Just wanted to post a picture of this because it was so cute. Aunt Renee had this as a table decoration at our baby shower. It's four peas in a pod and those baby rattles are stuck in the middle of rolled up diapers. It was almost too cute to dismantle....almost.