Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Five down...a half to go

Hi everybody. We have made it through five days, and five nights now without Mommy. I think the kids are probably sick of me. This morning we woke up and went to breakfast at the O. Miss Ellen had some Johnny going for us and the best cook in the world, Donnie, made us some scrambled eggs and peanut butter toast. Actually, he made the toast, and Aunt Lainie put the peanut butter (that Miss Ellen bought for us) on it. All four of them ate like champs...the entire time looking at me in disgust because I can't make eggs like Donnie.

After our breakfast at the O, we headed for the zoo. We decided that maybe it would work better in the morning when it was cooler. I guess everybody in Wichita thought it would be nice to be at the zoo today because it was packed. Now remember from my post yesterday..."I am kind of a jerk"...and I didn't want to go in, fight the crowds, and answer the same questions that we have answered five million times. I think I am just going to get a shirt that says: "Just check out http://www.billyandmonica.blogspot.com/ for answers to any of your questions." I told you, I am kind of a jerk. Trust me, we don't mind questions from you guys (our loyal followers) at all.

Anyways, we didn't get out and go into the zoo, we decided to head for the park for the first time ever (as players of the park, not walkers of the park. We have been to the park for the MS Walk, but never played there.). We found a small playground that wasn't already full of people and stopped there. Forrest would have graded the playground an A. He loved it. He just started doing his Spazzy McGee yells and running around, going crazy. The other three were interested in the jungle gym (especially the tic-tac-toe) for about 5 minutes. All the boys went down the slide a couple times, but Danna was not interested. Do you think a princess spends time on slides?

Danna trying out the swing, and Laine trying to get bonked in the head...again...with the swing.

Pius giving the swing a go.

Forrest had this grin on his face the entire time.

Laine waiting on Danna's next move in Tic-Tac-Toe.

Laine giggling because Pius blocked his line.

Pius was playing by himself because Laine discovered the drawbridge, and Danna was watching Forrest slide down the slide.

Forrest's second trip down the slide. He wanted us to get a shot from the ground so everybody could see his cute butt.

Laine trying to figure out how to get away and cause some shenanigans.

Back to tic-tac-toe.

This was Pius's favorite activity at the park...obviously.

Danna looking like a weirdo.

We came home after about 45 minutes and went down for a much needed nap. We got ready for their next surprise...pizza. They have eaten pizza before and they loved it, so for the first time I ordered them their very own. They liked it so much better this time around. I even cut up and warmed a third piece because they weren't satisfied with the first two. After we washed up, I called in Bucko so I could make a run to Walmart. Laine had a great idea for Mommy's coming home present.
Isn't it cute? Normally we are a Pizza Hut family, but Gambino's is closer so they got a small deluxe.
While I was at Walmart I saw a gigantic tube of big bouncy balls on sale. I knew the kids would love one so I picked one up. Yet another of my decisions I would regret. Why wouldn't I just go ahead and buy three? I got home and revealed their newest toy. Let me tell you all, I hope that if the world ever has another world war, it isn't as bad as this. All three boys had to have the ball. They were going completely crazy. Finally, I stepped in and took the ball away. Well this REALLY pissed them off. I'm not kidding you guys though! We had our first brother on brother crime in the house. Forrest and Pius were hitting AND kicking each other. Laine was so mad at me for taking the ball away he wouldn't even let me put my hand out towards him. I think that this episode let me know, for sure, who has my horrible temper. Pius and Forrest calmed down easily enough, but Laine would have nothing to do with calm. Holy Moly!!!
After WWIII, and the dust settled, we had dinner and took a bath. They fell asleep for good tonight in 14 minutes, 48 seconds (that was for you Andrea, good idea). I wonder if GG Bucko and Gramma Vicki notice what was different from tonight compared with last night? The fact that we didn't have loud talking and playtime was probably the biggest difference. I want you guys to know that I am only teasing you, and I appreciate the adult interaction that I got on Monday night. I am just messing around with you. PLEASE COME BACK!!!
That does it for day 5. We are so excited to see our Mommy and my wife again. I am going to do my best to survive one more half-day on my own. Until next time...
B, P, F, D, and L


Moni Graf said...

Oh baby.....and baby, baby, baby, baby! I have SO enjoyed reading your daily blog posts in my absence! It helps keep me from getting too homesick for my family. I know I'll see you all again very soon (once they release me from the phych treatment hospital), but until then you'll be constantly in my mind. I have loved seeing the babies and their event-filled days with Daddy. Thank you for going above and beyond for me! I have been having the time of my life with some incredible people, and I owe it all to you!

I'll see you soon, Willy Joe!

Love you all so much!
Moni / Momma

Anonymous said...

Thanks BJ for the posts.


Angela said...

I can just see it now... Forrest running around and screaching like a little girl..lol Sounds like the park was a GREAT idea! I'm sure you will have many more trips in the future. Love you guys!! -Ang